Molly Says

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I think I actually am starting a gossip column!

It won't pay the bills, but after last time's entry where I played with putting certain words in bold, I found myself thinking in gossip-columnist voice. Beef would walk into the room, and I'd think, "there's Roast Beef." A bird would chirp outside, and I'd think, "Good news! I see a bird." That, coupled with my new job at Starbucks, which has made me the hub of Achewood's social universe, has set me up to be a self-styled gossip diva of the first order around here. That isn't saying much, but I'll take what I can get.

First off, who would have thought that Ray's signature caffeinated beverage (the "High Systolic," he calls it) would be a cinque (five espresso shots) whole milk latte with three spurts of raspberry, one spurt of hazelnut, whipped cream, caramel lattice, and a $3.50 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie cookie depth charge. The cookie makes a "hella yummy mess" that he likes to scoop out with a spoon once the coffee is gone, he says.

Turns out T. Orezscu's quaff of choice is a doppio (two espresso shots), into which he shakes a half packet of raw sugar. No frills, just the straight stuff. Yesterday he downed it in one quick gulp before jumping on his skateboard and youthfully kicking away.

Surprise of surprises, even Lyle visits Starbucks! His drink of choice? A venti (20 0z.) cup of black coffee. I'd have guessed that, had I had time to recover from my shock at seeing him in front of me, which I didn't. Nice to see he always throws fifty cents into the tip jar.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you next time, on the...words...I write...on the Internet...WEB PAGE!