Molly Says

Monday, August 02, 2004

My man's a goof.

Okay, Roast Beef's a goof. I knew that when I got involved. I like guys who are a little goofy, and I love that about him. It's just that sometimes he catches me completely off guard.

We were gardening today, taking care of all the new plants we'd put in the yard, and for a little while I was bent over weeding this patch of white dahlias. I was working at them pretty steady, and I guess my ass was going up and down in these tight black workout shorts that I got for around-the-house wear, because when I stood up, Beef immediately started spraying the hose across the front of his shorts. He gave me this funny sideways smile that basically meant I'd caught him in the middle of a hot daydream...he could have just turned around instead of taking the impromptu cold shower. Or taken me inside.